BFF's

Pages

Monday, July 13, 2026

Let's time travel to the 2000's

     If you're here, chances are you want to experience girlhood in a way gen z will never be able to. It will always be an un-scratched itch in our minds. We try and try to romanticize a time period we were barely alive for and now that we can determine our own lives, it's completely slipped except for in our souls. And what is that, you may ask? 

Living the life of being a girl in the early 2000's.

    We all want it. But why is it so unattainable? I know. Big hint . . . TECHNOLOGY! It is the slow killer of all things fun and colorful and creative. When we should be reading a Tiger Beat magazine and listening to the F.M. while painting our toes pink, we are stuck doomscrolling. It's the ultimate stealer of personality. Because what is with all of the "6-7" and "Skibidi alpha rizz" BS garbage? 

    Okay okay, anyways, let me introduce myself. Hi, I'm Kaylie. I'm 19 in 2026 wishing it was 2006. Yes I too am a victim to watching endless TikTok videos but trust me, if it were up to me, I would be on the couch watching the new episodes of Gossip Girl on Friday nights. I romanticize that life as much as the next girl and the girl after that. With my little rant over, that is why I decided a blog may be a good idea for me. It is something that makes me feel like maybe I have a way to transport myself.

   Now, if you can relate, this may be the blog for you. If you're a guy, ew bug off.

    Welcome to my little world,, you are now along for the ride. XOXO.

2 comments:

  1. The 2000’s were completely awesome, and the sad part is that we didn’t know what we had, and we thought it would’ve been cool to live in the 80’s. Grass is always greener somewhere else, but one day, your kids are going to look back at all the awesomeness you have in 2026 as a teen girl, and wish they could have it. And at that point, you may wish you could go back to it too, depending on how weird life keeps getting lol. Technology is nowhere near its completion unfortunately 🥵. But as much as some may hate it, our lives would be panicked without it. I wouldn’t be commenting here for instance, or listening to music everywhere I go without a bulky disc man (or trying to walk super gently so it didn’t skip lol). Every phase in life has good and bad at some point, but I totally empathize with you….you would’ve loved the early 2000’s 🤪 oh, and we had no way of cheating in school without our little robot friend in our pockets….thats the biggest downfall for our future is that kids don’t think or problem solve, they ask Siri (Jeeves back in my day 🤣)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? I absolutely love that more people notice! For instance the cyberdeck DIYs. They look so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Coffee Talk

    Hey girlies, long time no talk. Life is so interestingly uninteresting. Well, I got an espresso machine and am in the midst of building ...